The Dementia Leadership Course brings participants together with leading experts in the field. This is an interactive course will provides a framework for leaders in all levels of dementia care.
Join my fellow faculty and me for a refreshed look at supporting people living with dementia. We will bring newer and novel perspectives on understanding the impact our beliefs and actions on the well-being of each person. So looking forward to hearing your experiences and sharing our collective knowledge.
Anna Ortigara, RN, MS
Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist
The Course will focus on:
- Leadership and Dementia Care
- Living With Dementia (Person and Family Perspective)
- Being an Expert in the Larger Community
- Art of Communication (including behaviors)
- Update on Dementia
- Ability Centered Care
- Recognizing the Whole Person
- Keeping Them Safe
- Meaningful Engagement Panel
Join my fellow faculty and me for an online learning collaborative experience to enhance your skills in advocating for your communities to become more dementia capable and friendly.
Raj C. Shah, MD
Associate Professor, Family Medicine and Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Center
Rush University Medical Center
Benefits of Dementia Leadership Course:
- Hear from the experts in the industry
- Receive the most current information and research findings about memory care
- Learn about best practices for supporting people with dementia and their families
- Share information and ideas with peers
- Participate in interactive small-group activities
- Network and access resources after the course ends
Upon completion of the Course, participants will join the Dementia Leadership Network. Through the private forum, the Network will offer resources, material to use for staff education, and opportunities to interact, share ideas and ask questions with Dementia Leaders from across the country.
Attend the Course and join the Network - providing opportunities for development, knowledge, practice and networking.